African Palliative Care Education Nurses Scholarship was setup to improve palliative care training in Africa. This was setup specifically for Registered Nurses studying in Africa. Students in distance learning and full time studying in a recognized university can apply for this scholarship.
The Africa Nurses scholarship is an annual scholarship that pays a maximum of $4,000.
The African Palliative Care Education Nurses Scholarship covers the following:
Palliative care education and training at recognized institutions in Africa for Enrolled and Registered Nurses. Training programmes which the Scholarship supports include:
- Palliative care distance learning diploma and degree courses run in Africa (up to USD $4,000)
- Special consideration on a case by case basis may be made.
Additional funds may be awarded to nurses and social worker scholarship recipients who agree to train other health care workers in palliative care in their respective community.
*Note: This list is not exhaustive and is presented as an indication of what the fund will cover. Other appropriate training opportunities within Africa for nurses related to palliative care may also be considered for funding. Please see some of the courses available in Africa
- Be a Registered Nurse or an Enrolled Nurse residing and practicing in Africa and with evidence that they will be able to continue providing palliative care after their training (please provide a supporting letter from head of your institution confirming this).
- Currently be involved in the provision of palliative care with a desire and commitment to enhance their skills.
- Have applied for the course they intend to pursue (where they have an acceptance this should be attached to the application)
- Legibly complete the application form and attach all supporting documents requested
Issues to note in regard to the application process
- The offer is conditional on applicants securing admission to the Training institution and will only be awarded when this confirmation is received. Should the candidate not be accepted, the scholarship will be awarded to another candidate.
- Successful applicants should be ready to commence the training in the current year.
Method of application
Applicants must complete the application form available online on both the APCA and Global Partners in Care websites. Applicants must complete all the sections of the form and provide the supporting documents required. Please note that all applications must be completed in English and should be legible and be submitted before the closing date. Any incomplete or illegible or late application will risk not being reviewed.
Interested students can download the application form available at the APCA website
Students can also visit the Global Partners in Care websites at www.africanpalliativecare.org or at www.globalpartnersincare.org
Paper application forms and other questions can be emailed to email@example.com
Scholarships expiring soon › Forums › African Palliative Care Education Nurses Scholarship