The China Scholarship Council – McMaster University joint funding program is a collaborative effort that aims to foster new opportunities and build co-operation across disciplines and institutions. The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and McMaster are working together to provide:
• opportunities and support to Chinese graduate students interested in pursuing their PhD studies at McMaster or conduct research as visiting PhD students;
• support for postdoctoral fellows and visiting scholars from China, who are conducting research at McMaster.
Successful candidates are expected to return to China after completing their studies.
To Apply for the China Scholarship Council, you must be a either a student studying for their PhD at McMaster,Visiting PhD student or PostDoctoral Candidate.
The scholarship offers up to 10 selected Chinese students who meet candidate eligibility requirements as prescribed by the CSC and McMaster, in accordance with University rules, policies and take McMaster’s PhD research programs each year for up to 48 months. If the selected Chinese students successfully complete the requirements of the designated program and successfully defend their dissertation, they will be conferred doctoral degrees by McMaster.
They also offer the scholarships to 10 selected visiting PhD students from China will conduct studies and research for up to 12 months at McMaster. These visiting students will facilitate continuing research collaboration between McMaster and their home institutions.
Postdoctoral fellows and visiting scholars are also considered
The core areas of study are:
- Engineering, and Applied Sciences
- Sciences, Natural Sciences, Environmental Sciences
- Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, and Health Sciences
The CSC scholarships provides full tuition and living expenses
- CSC provides a living allowance, including health insurance, as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government for up 48 months, a return international airfare and visa application fees.
- McMaster funding is equivalent to the cost of full tuition. This McMaster funding may include scholarship, teaching assistantship or research assistantship.
Visiting PhD students
- CSC provides a living allowance, including health insurance, as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government for up to 12 months, a return international airfare and visa application fees.
- McMaster waives the tuition fee for visiting PhD students with the CSC program.
Postdoctoral fellows and visiting scholars
- CSC funding for up to 24 months for postdocs, and visiting scholars for up to 12 months for a living allowance, including health insurance, as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government, a return international airfare and visa application fees.