Value of Scholarship:
Level Of Study: Bachelor Degree
The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to graduates of Cristo Rey Kansas City High School who plan to continue their education at Rockhurst University
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following requirements:
- Be a graduating senior or previous graduate of Cristo Rey Kansas City High School;
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Have been accepted into and enrolled in Rockhurst University as a full-time undergraduate student for the upcoming academic year;
- Entering college freshman are required to reside on campus; and
- Plan to perform at least 10 hours of community service per year at Rockhurst University, as documented by the Rockhurst University Office of Service Learning.
Strong preference may be given to entering college sophomores that will reside on campus. Preference may be given to students demonstrating financial need. Consideration may also be given to the applicants involvement in extracurricular activities in school or in the community.
Previous recipients may renew their scholarship award if they meet the following criteria:
- Continue to be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at Rockhurst University;
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5; and
- Have performed at least 10 hours of community service in the previous year at Rockhurst University, as documented by the Rockhurst University Office of Service Learning, and plan to perform at least 10 hours of additional community service in the upcoming academic year. It is strongly suggested that entering college sophomores reside on campus.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.
Recipients must provide proof of full-time enrollment at Rockhurst University and demonstrate a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 to receive the second payment. Awarded funds may be used for tuition, fees, room and board, textbooks and required course-related materials.