Google is at it Again to provide fully sponsored summer program for high school students intending to enter first year of a 4-year BA/BS program in the US (excluding territories) or Canada in Fall 2019 .
Are international students eligible? International students are eligible to apply as long as they intend to be enrolled at a university in the US or Canada in Fall 2019. Please note that if selected for a residential site, Google will only provide round-trip airfare within the US and Canada.
This program is fully funded and is broken into three categories:
There is a session for Historically Black Colleges and Universities’ (HBCUs) mission is to promote equitable representation in tech by connecting incoming HBCU students with like-minded peers, Google engineers, CS professors, HBCU alum in CS, and Black technologists in the local tech ecosystem.
There is also a session from your own college campus. Through CSSI-Extension, you’ll learn the fundamentals of computer science with other students studying CS at your school.
The third option will provide the students the opportunity to attend the program at one of the Google offices and experience firsthand Google’s unique and innovative office culture.
Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI)’s mission is to provide a space for young, aspiring computer scientists to succeed by connecting incoming freshmen with like-minded peers and Google engineers in this three-week program. At CSSI, students will learn programming fundamentals directly from Google engineers, get an inside look at some of Google’s most exciting technologies, and even design and develop their very own application with fellow participants that will be showcased to Googlers. Students attend the program at one of our Google offices and experience firsthand Google’s unique and innovative office culture.
- Daily developmental sessions to help you prepare for your CS studies and future job opportunities
- Opportunities to interact directly with Google engineers
- 10:1 student-to-teach ratio to provide a personal learning experience
- Commuter students will receive a travel stipend (this will usually cover all or almost all of your travel expenses) and will be provided lunch. Residential students will have their housing, transportation, and meals covered for the duration of the program
- Two weekend activities planned at no extra cost
- Exposure and insight into Google’s internship programs and technical career opportunities
Eligibility and application
- Be a current high school senior
- Intend to be enrolled as a full-time student in a 4-year BA/BS program in the US (excluding territories) or Canada in Fall 2019
- Intend to be enrolled at a university in a computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or related area department for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in and motivation for studying computer science.
- Be able to attend every day of CSSI
What will Google pay for? For the residential programs, Google will provide round-trip transportation within the US and Canada, and housing (including room fees and taxes). Most meals will be provided either at the dorm or at Google. For the day camps, students will be provided with a travel stipend and expected to commute into the respective Google offices for each day of CSSI. Students at commuter sites will receive lunch at no cost each day.
Scholarships expiring soon › Forums › Now Open:Google’s Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) program for summer 2019