Dalhousie University is one of the Universities in Canada that offers University Entrance Scholarships for all students including International students. The entrance scholarship awards recognize academic achievement, leadership, extracurricular involvement, community service and financial need
The core requirements are listed below but however , in order to be considered for the scholarship award, you must be apply to the university directly after completing secondary school or high school. This scholarship is available to all international students including Nigerian students
Dalhousie awards more than 2,000 entrance awards every year to first year students. The awards can be in any of the following categories:
– One time entrance scholarships valued between $500 and $3,000
– Renewable entrance scholarships valued between $4,000 and $8,000 per year
– Awards based on specific criteria (ie high school attended, program, home province, extra curricular activities etc) ranging from $1,000 one time awards to $20,000 per year.
Eligibility for Dalhusie Entrance Scholarship
Interested students must be meet the following criteria to be eligible for entrance awards:
– apply for admission to Dalhousie directly from high school (gap years are acceptable if the applicant has not attended another post-secondary institution)
– submit a complete application for admission by March 15
– submit a complete General Entrance Award application by March 15
– have a minimum 80% admission average or 26 predicted/anticipated IB Diploma points. The admission average is calculated based upon the five required courses for the program to which the student has applied.
Method of Application for the Entrance scholarship
All students applying for the university Entrance Awards must apply through DalOnline as follows:
Students awaiting admission can apply using the paper application.
Please Note that only a single application is required, students will be considered for other scholarships too.
Contact the Awards Office – Monday to Friday – 9am to 4pm
Phone: (902) 494-2450
Toll Free: 1 (866) 729-4400