The Soroptimist International of Kansas City Northland Healthcare Scholarship provides an annual scholarship for a young woman going into her first year in a healthcare field.
To be eligible for a Soroptimist International of Kansas City Northland Healthcare Scholarship the student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a female graduating senior of a high school in the North Kansas City School District, Park Hill School District or Platte County R-III School District, or of Smithville High School or St. Pius X High School; and
- Be entering an institution of higher education and enrolling in a B.S. or above designated healthcare degree program.
The following information is required to complete the online application:
- Student Application
- Personal Essay (include information concerning your career plans, interests, and activities in school, church, community and listing any honors or awards and additional information that would be helpful to the scholarship committee)
- Grade Transcript
- Schedule of Classes for your Senior Year
- Two Letters of Recommendation (letters may be from teachers, employers, or others; DO NOT submit letters from relatives, a pastor or your counselor)
All complete applications will be reviewed by the Soroptimist International of the Northland Healthcare Scholarship Committee. The committee is composed of volunteers.
The scholarship recipient will be recognized at the Soroptimist Annual Awards Dinner in March and at the Northland Community Foundation Annual Breakfast in April.
The scholarship will be paid directly to the college or university that the scholarship recipient attends in two equal installments for each semester of the students freshman year. Recipients must complete a scholarship recipient tracking form online by June 1 in order for the first installment to be paid on time. Receipt of the recipients fall transcript with final grades is required before the spring semester’s installment can be paid on time.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.