The John A. Grindel Memorial Scholarship Fund was established to honor the values of John A. Grindel including his commitment to community and his love of learning. Scholarships from the John A. Grindel Memorial Scholarship Fund shall be for post-secondary education to graduating seniors from Winnetonka High School in Kansas City, Missouri.
Students eligible to apply shall fit the following qualifications:
- Be a graduating senior (male or female) from Winnetonka High School in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Accepted to a public or private college, university or technical school.
- Be an active member in one or more of the following school programs: athletic team (player or manager), band, debate team or drama/theater club.
- Be involved in community service above the required hours needed for graduation.
- Exhibit high moral conduct.
Applications must be submitted online to the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation at www.growyourgiving.org/scholarships and must include:
- Completed application form (includes essay).
- Letter of acceptance to a public or private college, university or technical school.
- Current transcript.
- Two personal references.
The individual receiving the scholarship will be announced at the Winnetonka High School senior recognition night before commencement.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.