The J. Harold and Mabel Hamil Memorial Scholarship program provides annual scholarships to graduating seniors in honor of J. Harold and Mabel Hamil. The scholarships are intended to assist high school students who have excelled in the areas of English/Journalism; Debate/Public Speaking; Political Science; and/or Community Involvement to pursue a college/university education.
Students must be graduating seniors from one of the following Northland high schools: North Kansas City High School, Oak Park High School, Winnetonka High School, Park Hill High School, Park Hill South High School, Platte Co. RIII High School, Staley High School, or St. Piux X High School.
Student must submit two letters of recommendation with their application. One from a teacher or counselor at their high school, and a second from an individual not related to them who is familiar with their accomplishments and character.
Student must submit their most current transcript.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.