The purpose of the Fund shall be to enhance the hospital and community by providing scholarships in the healthcare field, with an emphasis on rural healthcare, and in other ancillary fields deemed appropriate by the scholarship advisory committee.
The students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Saline, Lafayette, Johnson, or Pettis Counties in Missouri, which serve as the I-70 Community Hospital service area;
- Be seeking a post-secondary education in the healthcare field or other ancillary field deemed appropriate by the scholarship committee;
- Plan to enter a healthcare career in their medical field within the I-70 Community Hospital service area, which includes Saline, Lafayette, Johnson and Pettis counties in Missouri.
- Plan to attend an accredited two or four-year college or technical school; and
- Maintain a post-secondary cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A full-time coursework load of 12 credit hours per semester is strongly encouraged.
- Preference will be given to those committed to a healthcare career in a rural setting.
Applications must be submitted online and have the following items attached:
- Previous high school or college transcripts or GED scores;
- Non-students, if employed, must provide work history for two years prior from employer or supervisor;
- Letter of acceptance to an accredited college, university or junior college;
- FAFSA Student Aid Report; and
- Two letters of recommendation from an employer, coworker, teacher, friend and/or minster stating character, need, aptitude and emotional stability.
It is recommended, but not required, that you apply for the deadline that best fits your current academic level.
High School Seniors:
- Submit application by July 1
- Notification in August
- Awards distributed in two equal installments prior to fall and spring semesters of the next academic year. Fall semester cumulative GPA of 3.0 required for spring payment. Advisory committee may review those with less than a 3.0 GPA and may withdraw award or place recipient on a probation period.
- Submit application by November 1
- Notification in December
- Awards distributed in one installment prior to next spring semester
Renewal of scholarship awards is at the discretion of the scholarship advisory committee. Previous recipients should refer to their award letter for renewal eligibility requirements.
How to apply:
Click here to access the application.
Create a new AwardSpring user account or log in.
Complete all APPLICATION sections.
You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.
Spring 2017 Semester – Due November 1, 2016