The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to students enrolled in or entering college in pursuit of a two or four-year college degree in agricultural studies. These studies include Agricultural Business, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Environmental Engineering Technology, Agronomy, Animal Science (including veterinary medicine, biological sciences, etc.), Crop and Soil Science, Dairy Science, Food Science and Technology, Mechanized Systems Management, Resource Conservation and Management.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Be an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of AgriLabs or an affiliated distributor of AgriLabs,
- Be enrolled in a two or four-year institution in pursuit of a degree in agricultural studies (as listed above),
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or above, and
- Maintain with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
A current transcript must be included with the application.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in equal installments prior to each semester. Recipients must provide an official transcript at the end of each semester certifying the hours of credit taken and the GPA maintained. The scholarship is not renewable.
Please note the scholarship is handled entirely by the advisory committee at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation. The Foundation will be responsible for notifying applicants as to their award or denial of the scholarship.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.