Established to provide scholarships to children of full-time C & C employees who intend to pursue their pot-secondary education.
The students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Parent or legal guardian must be a full-time C&C employee;
- Have successfully completed high school;
- Have at least a 2.75 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) at the time of the application; and
- Plan to attend a community college, trade school or four-year university (accredited in the state where the institution is).
Preference will be given to students with financial need. Preference may also be given to students who have been active in their community through volunteer service.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in two equal installments in July and January. Awards will be made co-payable to the school and student and mailed directly to the school. Awarded recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above, complete 12 credit hours per semester or more and provide their cumulative transcript after the fall semester to remain eligible for this scholarship.
The scholarship does not automatically renew. Previous recipients may reapply for another year by completing a new application and will compete with other applicants for scholarship assistance.
Applicants information will be held confidential for use by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation scholarship review committee only, with the exception of applicant and employee contact information to verify employment status.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.