You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.
The purpose of the Bright Lights Scholarship is to provide college scholarships to students whose parents are servant leaders in their communities, including law enforcement officers, fire fighters, and clergy.
The students eligible for assistance must meet the following requirements:
- Be the son or daughter of a law enforcement officer, fire fighter or clergy;
- Be enrolled or will enroll as a full-time student at a two-year or four-year college or university; and
- Demonstrate financial need.
Students must submit a scholarship application on a form provided by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
Scholarship assistance will generally be disbursed in equal payments prior to each semester or trimester of the upcoming academic year, as long as the recipient provides proof of full-time enrollment and a cumulative college GPA of at least 2.75. Payments will be made payable to the school on behalf of the student. Scholarship assistance may be used for tuition, fees, textbooks or required course-related materials.
Previous scholarship applicants and recipients may reapply each year to be considered for scholarship aid.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.