The University of West London is a leading modern university specialising in the education and development of connected, creative, business and service professionals.Â
The successful candidates will register as full-time MPhil/PhD students in one of the research areas in our Technology subject area, including Built Environment and Civil Engineering. He/She will also teach up to six hours per week (seminars, tutorials, marking and assisting in monitoring the academic progress of students). This MPhil/PhD programme will start in February 2014.
The Scholarship will offer:
- MPhil/PhD fee waiver at the home/EU rate (scholarship only open to UK/EU students);
- Tax-free stipend of Â£7000 per annum;
- Support, subject to satisfactory performance and academic progress, for three years.
Research Areas and Topics:
Sustainable Built Environment
- Sustainable Urban Planning, Design and Assessment
- Sustainable Architectural Design and Evaluation
- Sustainable Construction Management & Technology
- Sustainable Urbanisation in Developing Countries
You are expected to have an MSc (distinction or merit) or BSc/BA (2:1 or above) in Urban Planning & Design, Architectural Design and Technology, Construction Management, Civil & Structural Engineering or Building Service Engineering. Applicants with work or research experience are preferable.
Dr Charlie Fu, Senior Lecturer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The structural performance under blast loading
- Deflection of concrete slabs (1): Current performance in collaboration with The Concrete Centre – www.concretecentre.com
- Deflection of concrete slabs (2): Design Deflection Limits in collaboration with The Concrete Centre – www.concretecentre.com
You are expected to have a postgraduate degree (MSc or MEng) with distinction or merit in Structural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
In addition, candidates should have broad experience of computational modelling and structural simulation by using finite element software including ANSYS.
Dr Ali Bahadori-Jahromi, Reader, email@example.com
For further information about the Graduate Scholarships, please email the relevant supervisor. Applications should include a CV, and a covering letter or a research proposal; please specify which research topic you are interested in. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 24 November 2013.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 24 November 2013