Start Date: September 2013
Applications Closing Date:Â 3 December 2012
The University of Manchester has recently launched Â£2.5m investment in PhD training with the President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Awards. In addition to standard awards which include tuition fee and stipend, successful PDS Award candidates are entitled to an additional Â£1,000 p.a. enhancement to their funded stipend/living allowance.
They will also have the opportunity to:
- Attend a series of exclusive events where you’ll have the opportunity to meet the University of Manchester President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Award students
- Benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars
- Become a PDS Award ambassador for the University
- Receive a President’s Doctoral Scholar medal at graduation
- Benefit from our extensive postgraduate researcher development and training
The prestigious PDS Awards are open to all nationalities and research areas. Consideration will be based on academic track record and evidence of research potential.
Only those applicants with an offer of a place on the PhD programme for September 2013 can be considered.
Applicants must have obtained a first or upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) and hold (or expect to obtain) a Masters-level qualification with merit or distinction. They should have a track-record of research engagement (including relevant research experience and dissemination) and/or potential for outstanding research, as demonstrated in the quality of the proposal submitted as part of the application.
Contact Claire Smith, Doctoral Programmes Administrator, Postgraduate Research Office: [email protected].
How to apply
To be considered for one of these awards candidates should submit a PhD application and indicate the funding opportunities they wish to be considered for.