UC Berkeley Amgen Scholars Program for Undergraduates
Study Area: All Science Courses
- Participate in direct research in a UCB faculty member’s lab
- Receive $5,000 stipend (including meal allowance).
- Obtain college course credit
- Live in provided apartment housing
- Paid round-trip travel cost
- Access to UC Berkeley campus facilities
- Participate in the National Amgen Scholars Program Symposium at UCLA in July (all expenses paid)
- Attend Networking events with faculty, administrators, and graduate students
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
US applicants are eligible to apply for this program. Applicants from diverse populations and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (international students are ineligible except for Japan program)
- Undergraduate students enrolled in four-year colleges and universities in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Territories
- Sophomores who have completed 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college, juniors, and non-graduating seniors who are returning in the fall to continue their undergraduate studies (Freshmen and students enrolled in community colleges are ineligible to apply)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Interested in research and the pursuit of a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D.
- Prior research experience preferred
- Previous Amgen Scholars are ineligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible applicants must be in the 2nd year of study who have completed 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college, juniors, and non-graduating seniors who are returning in the fall to continue their undergraduate studies.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Applicants have to submit a Statement of Purpose (included in the online application)
- Submit requests for two letters of recommendation (name and email address of letter writer required)
- Upload college transcript(s) via the Online Application. (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
Scholarships expiring soon › Forums › UC Berkeley Amgen Scholars Program for Undergraduates in USA, 2017