First Generation MD Award for medical students up to $10,000
The American University of the Caribbean is offering medical sciences scholarships to students who are striving to be first-generation physicians within their immediate families (includes spouse/partner, sibling, child by blood, adoption or marriage, grandparent and grandchild). Each successful student will get $10,000 towards their tuition. Interested students in Medical sciences field must meet the following requirements.
- Minimum undergraduate overall GPA of 3.0
- Minimum MCAT score of 23 (old version) or 496 (new version)
- For continued eligibility: Satisfactory academic progress
- Hold an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s level)
- Complete the award application
- Personal essay (minimum of 500 words): How will the experience of being a first generation physician within your immediate family impact the patients and communities you will ultimately serve? In addition, please share the educational and employment background of your immediate family.
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission to AUC for this scholarship to be awarded.
- Only incoming first-semester students may apply for this award
Scholarship application Deadlines
|Semester||Application Deadline||Final Award Date|
Method of Application for the AUC/Mississippi College Partnership Scholarship
Students can apply by :
- Submitting their documents online
- By email or
[email protected], or mailed directly to AUC (with attention to the Scholarship Committee) at this address:
American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
901 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Suite 700
Coral Gables, FL 33134