The Science Without Borders scholarship at University of British Columbia
The science without borders scholarship is a scholarship program funded by the Brazilian government with support from the private sector. Its main goal is to promote the consolidation and expansion of science, technology and innovation in Brazil by means of international exchange and mobility.
The program focuses mainly on Brazilian post-secondary in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). It allows them to study abroad for a period of 12 to 16 months at the undergraduate level and also offers possibilities at the doctoral level
- Brazilian citizenship.
- Enrollment in a college or university in Brazil.
- Completion of at least 20% but no more than 90% of your required degree in Brazil.
- Superior academic abilities: transcripts should show a consistently high level of performance, indicative of good academic potential.
- Proficiency in the language of the destination university (proficiency in English required for UBC).
- Agree to remain in Brazil for double the number of months you studied in Canada when you complete the program.
- Return to Brazil to complete your degree.
- PhD degrees
How to Apply
Several institutions offer this program. At the University of British Columbia, the prospective students can apply through the
CBIE. Don’t forget to select UBC as one of your top 3 institutions on your application!
Read more about submitting an application for a Science Without Borders scholarship on the CBIE website.