Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship
The Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship provides a full tuition scholarship and is open to students admitted for full-time study in Master of Public Administration or Master of Urban Planning degree programs. In addition to financial support, Goldberg Fellows receive an NYU faculty mentor and also get the opportunity to access an unparalleled network of philanthropists, policymakers, academics, and leaders.
The Scholarship is designed to attract rising leaders in public service who seek careers in philanthropy or Jewish leadership.
Fellowship Eligibility Criteria Criteria
- Far-reaching and nuanced intellectual curiosity
- Passion for learning and problem-solving
- Playful imagination and enthusiasm for new ways of approaching old problems
- Thoughtful and articulate communication, both verbal and written
- Interest in people, their stories, and their experiences
- Steadfast dedication and emotional maturity
- Demonstrated success in a first career
- Love of culture and the arts
HOW To Apply for Lisa Ellen Goldberg Fellowship
- Submit your Fellowship Application Essay along with your online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2017. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in order to be considered for fellows. Applications are due by the December 15 deadline.
- Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews in mid-to-late February 2017.
- Those selected as fellowship finalists will be invited for an in-person interview with the Selection Committee in New York City in early April 2017. Those finalists who cannot travel to New York will be able to interview via Skype. This panel of judges will be comprised of representatives from sponsoring organizations, faculty and NYU Wagner alumni