COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: GERMANY
â For me, studying at CEU has brought together
theoretical knowledge and real-life situations
and data. The latter is especially important since
it is often neglected in academic education. The
combination of theory and practical application
has helped me gain a completely new and more
focused view on economic issues. What I really
appreciate about the Economics Department is
how we deal with one another. We have very open
and deep discussions in class. I have even had
disagreements with professors but I donât feel that
itâs a bad thing, rather an opportunity for genuine
discussion with a teaching partner. â
Merit-based Scholarships Available
Central European University is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary. With students from some 100 countries and faculty from more than 40, CEU offers an extraordinary student/faculty ratio of 8:1. CEU is accredited in the U.S. and Hungary.
CEU’s Department of Economics is a research-oriented department with an international faculty holding PhDs from some of the best universities in the world. We offer two masterâs programs and a PhD in economics.
- Master of Arts in Economics (Two Years)
- Master of Arts in Economic Policy in Global Markets (Two Years)
Selected Areas of Research
- Behavioral economics
- Econometrics of panel data
- Economic geography
- Economics of networks
- Economic theory
- Financial economics
- International macro
- International trade
- Law and economics
- Labor economics
Scholarships and Fellowships
- CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the worldâa commitment backed by generous financial aid. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
- CEU Master’s Degree Fellowships (full or partial) include a full tuition scholarship (with a value of â¬11,000 to â¬12,000), housing in the CEU Residence Center, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- CEU Master’s Degree Tuition Scholarships (full or partial) cover between 50 and 100 percent of tuition expenses up to â¬12,000 per year.
- Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
- External Scholarships and Financial Aid Programs administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
Application Deadline | January 23, 2014
To apply, please click the More Information button below.