Duration: Fixed-term for up to 24 months
Terms and conditions: Research and Analogous Staff
The School of Engineering are seeking to recruit a Research Associate in Bio-photonics, in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Undertake research in the area of contact lenses, micro fluids and optics.
- Design devices and experimental kits for optical characterisation.
- Assist and train PhD students on the laboratory equipment, including optical microscopes, optical rigs, and laser setups.
- Supervise and advise undergraduate finial year project students within established BEng and MEng programmes.
- A PhD in Physics or Biomedical Engineering
- Demonstrate an exceptional publications track record
- Ability to write high level research articles
- Demonstrable track records in both experimental and computational research
- Experience of teaching in a university environment
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
For informal enquiries, applicants should contact the Dr Haider Butt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote Job Ref 55753in all enquiries.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment