To celebrate the University’s research successes, the University of Hull is offering 13 full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarship or International Fees Bursaries for candidates applying for the areas within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, including the areas listed below.
Closing date: – 3rd February 2014.
Studentships will start on 29th September 2014
In history, our principal areas of expertise include:
- war and 20th-century American society
- history on film
- the Cold War era
- the African AmericanÂ experience during and after the Civil Rights movement
- Mexican American history
- Gang culture and the incarceral society
In literary and cultural studies, the main areas of research activity include:
- Modernist and Postmodernist aesthetics
- the racing and gendering of contemporary American culture
- cinematic and televisual narratives
- twentieth century visual art (painting, photography, sculpture, architecture)
- modern American poetry
- conspiracy culture at the turn of the millennium
For further information, please go to the American Studies website http://www2.hull.ac.uk/fass/american-studies.aspx
To apply for this post please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
In order to qualify for this scholarship you will require a 2.1 in a relevant subject and be studying for a Masters.
Full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarship will include fees at the âhome/EU’ student rate and maintenance (Â£13,726 in 2013/14) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
Full-time International Fee PhD Studentships will include full fees at the International student rate for three years, dependent on satisfactory progress.
PhD students at the University of Hull follow modules for research and transferable skills development and gain a Masters level Certificate, or Diploma, in Research Training, in addition to their research degree.