Coventry School of Art and Design (CSAD) carries out research which is world leading, as verified by the 2008 RAE in which the majority of our work was rated internationally excellent in Design and Visual Arts; Industrial Design; Media and Communication; Performing Arts.
Opportunities are available to work in this vibrant and creative environment through four PhD studentships Â to conduct investigations with our professors and other research leaders on projects within, or across, our research clusters.
Funded by: Coventry University
Fees: UK/EU fee equivalent for three years
Maintenance grant: Â£13,726 maintenance per annum (tax free)
Academic contact Professor Gary Hall
Digital media is one of Coventry School of Art and Designâs (CSAD) main research themes and isalso the focus of the University’s cross-institutional Digital Media Grand Challenge and its new Centre for Disruptive Media (http://disruptivemedia.org.uk/).
Research in digital media at Coventry has three main areas of activity:
Open Media – including Open Education and the university in the 21st century;
Creative Archiving and Digitisation;
Immersive, Mobile and Interactive Communications.
All three areas adopt a critical Digital Humanities approach which involves exploring and experimenting with some of the humanitiesâ core concepts and values, both theoretically and practically. This includes new ideas of the author, subjectivity/identity, originality, the book, the university, teaching and education, the archive, the law, copyright, piracy and the (post)human.
Please note that only UK/EU fee payers are eligible to apply
Coventry University standard Entry criteria for applicants to PHD
- Good honours degree in an area related to one of the research activity clusters, or similarly qualified through professional experience.
- IT skills and understanding of new technology
- Relevant research skills
This is a re-advertisement- previous applicants need not reapply
Closing date: August 28th 2013
Interview date: to be notified to shortlisted candidates
Instructions for applicants (to be added to the above studentship details):
To view details of Studentship, please visit the link: http://www.coventry.ac.uk/researchnet/d/795
For an application form please click on theÂ ‘Apply’ button below.
For guidance on writing a proposal, please visit the following link http://www.coventry.ac.uk/researchnet/d/781
Complete theÂ application form and return with a covering letter to:
Research Recruitment and Admissions team
Information for staff:
- The above details will be placed on the Universityâs Research-net, under âResearch Degrees/Studentshipsâ page.Â
- Details of these will also be placed on the University Job Vacancies page with a link to the above site.
- If you want the Studentship advertised on any other e-websites, i.e.: Jobs.ac.uk (cost Â£105) and/or other relevant sites, and in magazines, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Jayne Roberts. If you wish to do this yourself please ensure to link the application details to Resnet, as indicated above.
- In addition to the above advertising, we will also take responsibility to produce Posters with the details of the studentship, for display around the faculty for the benefit of your current students â if you do not wish to do this, please let us know.
- If you want additional/further details as downloadable documents to be placed with the advertisement, please supply these as Word docs for us to upload on the relevant site. If you prefer applicants to contact you /your office, for these please indicate your email address on the proforma as appropriate.
For any enquiries on the above please email: email@example.com for the attention of Jayne Roberts.