Eligibility Criteria for the NSA Scholarship Foundation Award
The 2018 NSA Scholarship foundation will open on January 3rd, 2018. This is an annual scholarship. In 2017 the NSA awarded $35,300 in scholarships to 32 students.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship: To be eligible for this award, you must:
- A United States or Canadian citizen.
o Permanent residents are NOT eligible to apply with the exception of applicants from Arizona. Legal residents from Arizona may apply.
- Undergraduates enrolled part or full-time in accounting at an accredited (2) two-year or (4) four-year college or university in the United States
o Applicants from Arizona must carry a minimum of 9 credit hours.
- Majoring in accounting and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher. (on a 4.0 scale)
- Students in an accredited (2) two-year college may apply following their first semester grades or during their second year if transferring to a (4) four-year institution, provided they are committed to a major in accounting throughout the remainder of their college career. or
- Students in an accredited (4) four-year college may apply for the scholarship for their (2) second, (3) third, or (4) fourth year of studies, provided they are committed to a major in accounting throughout the remainder of their college career
Award amounts range from $500 to $2,200.
- The NSA Scholarship Awards are for undergraduate study only and are not renewable however, students may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- The scholarships will be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load at accredited, nonprofit two or four-year colleges/universities in the United States.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award
Additional/Contact Information for the NSA Scholarship Foundation Award:
Questions For additional information regarding the scholarship program click here or call toll free (855)-670-ISTS (4787).