University of Manitoba scholarship awards
This scholarship is tenable at the university of manitoba.From the bequest of Dorothy Anna Naylor, funds have been placed in the keeping of the Winnipeg Foundation. (Mrs. Naylor was the wife of Dr. Bernard Naylor and the daughter of Senator Crerar, P.C., LL.D.). Two scholarships of equal value (half of the available funds) will be offered each year to students who:
(1) are completing their final undergraduate or qualifying year in the Faculty of Arts either at The University of Manitoba or at an institution which offers accredited degree programs;
(2) enter, in the next ensuing academic year, a graduate program in the humanities at The University of Manitoba.
If, in the judgment of the selection committee, candidates are of approximately equal merit, preference will be given to students pursuing graduate studies in any of the following areas: Canadian History, Philosophy, English Literature, French Literature. It is to be understood that these scholarships may be held along with University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) or as independent or “stand-alone” awards.
Detailed application information
To apply, submit a completed Composite Application Form and forward all supporting documents to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at 500 University Ctr. by the deadline. Application forms are available online at: http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/media/composite.pdf
Transcripts from all-post secondary institutions attended are to be submitted. For University of Manitoba student records, please obtain a “Student History” from the Registrar’s Office of the University of Manitoba. A “Student History” can be obtained no charge by request. Please request that the Registrar’s Office send the “Student History” directly to: Sara Sealey, Faculty of Graduate Studies, 500 University Centre. For transcripts of academic records from institutions outside the University of Manitoba, please obtain departmentally certified copies. These can be requested from your home department. Your home department must indicate on the copies that they are “certified true copies from originals” and sign and date them. They can be placed in an envelope and the department must sign over the back flap/seal indicating it was sealed by them. These can also be sent directly to: Sara Sealey, Faculty of Graduate Studies, 500 University Centre.
Reference letters can be forwarded by 3 methods:
1. Included with a complete application package in a SEALED envelope with a signature of the referee across the seal.
2. Forwarded directly to Graduate Studies, addressed to Composite Award, arriving in a SEALED envelope with a signature of the referee across the seal.
3. Forwarded by e-mail directly to the Awards Office (email@example.com). The preferred format is a scanned and signed copy forwarded as an attachment. Ensure the letter is identified in the subject line as : Reference letter for (name of applicant), Composite Award.
The selection committee is to be named by the Dean of Graduate Studies and is to include the Dean (or designate) of the Faculty of Arts.