Two full-time places on the MSc Sports Performance Analysis programme at the University of Chichester, involving a funded full time work placement within a Premier League football club.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th May 2016
Interview date: May 2016
Work Placement dates: July 2016 – June 2017
MSc course dates: September 2016 – August 2017
MSc Sports Performance Analysis
This programme of study is designed for graduates seeking to develop specialist knowledge in Sports Performance Analysis. The MSc Sports Performance Analysis programme is carefully aligned to employer needs and aims to provide the knowledge, skills and experience to successfully pursue a career in the area of Sports Performance Analysis. The processes and theories underpinning performance analysis are explored, together with key practical competencies, all delivered in conjunction with a dedicated, intensive work placement offering invaluable industry relevant experience.
Course tuition fees: £5510 (University of Chichester alumni are eligible for a 10% discount).
The work placement will take place at a Premier League football club. The two successful candidates will each receive £650 per calendar month for the duration of the placement.
Performance Analysis Work Placement
The role runs alongside the MSc Sports Performance Analysis at the University of Chichester, and is under the guidance of the club’s Head of Performance Analysis. The role assists the Performance Analysts in supporting the needs of the First Team during training, pre-match preparations, match day analysis and post-match analysis.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITLIES
- To ensure all first team training sessions are recorded to meet the needs of the Performance Analysis department and First Team Coaching staff
- Film matches home and away for the first team and other ages groups at the club
- Support the production of post match reports in accordance with the club’s Performance Analysis philosophy
- Help update in-house database for player technical and physical match performances
- Help update video databases e.g. goals and set piece databases
- Support First Team Performance Analysts with pre match analysis protocols
- Attend Performance Analysis department meetings and in-service events
- Any ad hoc duties as requested by Management.
- Related Sports Science degree
- Football knowledge and professional experience
- Knowledge of Opta, Sportscode, Prozone