MSc scholarships available for 2014/15
MSc in Mathematics and its Applications
The School is offering one-year Graduate Teaching Assistant Scholarships for 2014/15 to full-time students taking the MSc in Mathematics and its Applications.
MSc in Mathematics and its Applications?
Successful completion of this programme will enhance your knowledge, creativity and computational skills in core mathematical subjects and their applications.
Students will be members of a vibrant mathematics group and benefit from a lively research-based culture, with weekly external seminar speakers and weekly internal seminar programmes and discussion groups.
The modules, which are designed and taught by internationally known researchers, are accessible, relevant, interesting and challenging.
At least one modern application of mathematics is studied in depth by each student. Mathematical computing and open-ended project work forms an integral part of the learning experience.
Graduate Teaching Assistants are employees as well as students.
The award consists of tuition fees paid at the home/EU rate and a salary of ?3,387.84 per annum (2013-14 rate) paid over the year. The award-holder will undertake 96 hours of work to support the School?s undergraduate teaching in mathematics and statistics.
In addition to the 96 hours of work, the award-holders will be expected to undertake training for their teaching support role, and to act as ambassadors for the postgraduate programme, for example by attending events to talk to prospective students. There are opportunities for outreach and engagement with the public on mathematics.
- A First Class Honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent.
- Potential to carry out research.
- Potential to support the School?s undergraduate teaching.
- Relevant work experience is valuable, but not essential.
- Preference will be given to students interested in proceeding to a research degree at the University of Kent.
How to apply
- Submit a formal application?to study an MSc in Mathematics and its Applications as a full-time student in 2014/15; and
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject heading ?GTA Scholarship MSc? setting out how you meet the criteria above.
Students who are already enrolled in Stage 1 of the International Masters in Mathematics and its Applications and will be proceeding to Stage 2 as a full-time student in 2014/15 should complete Step 2 above only.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.? The interview may be conducted by phone or Skype.
Applications close 17 July 2014
For further information please email:? firstname.lastname@example.org?