Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: Â Â£47,000 to Â£51,000Â
Full Time Fixed Term
Closing Date: Â Tuesday 06 August 2013
Interview Date: Â To be confirmedÂ
Reference: Â 264313JW
Prof. Alarcos Cieza, Professor of Medical Psychology at the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, is coordinating the Marie Curie Network for Initial Training âMARATONE: âMental Health Training through Research Network in Europeâ. The projectâs topics are: 1) Mental health epidemiology across the life span; 2) Depression and deliberate self-harm; 3) Mental health and well-being in workplace settings; and 4) Human rights and combating stigma and social exclusion.
An early stage, full-time Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher (Doctoral Scholarship) is offered to undertake PhD research on Interventions on psychosocial difficulties in brain disorders.
The Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher (Doctoral Scholarship) will register for the PhD programme within the Academic Unit Psychology at the University of Southampton from 1 October 2013 and complete this programme by 30 September 2016. This post includes one or more short periods of secondment to other partner countries within the project.
- Have a postgraduate degree in psychology or in a mental health related area, medicine, public health, epidemiology or statistics
- Have excellent statistical knowledge.
- Have research experience in psychology or in a mental health related area, medicine, public health or epidemiology
- Have participated in international exchange programs as student or as a researcher
- Have experience in systematic literature reviews
- Have scientific publications in peer-review journals
- Have advanced English language skills (written and oral)
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have the ability to undertake a PhD at the School from October 2013 and complete the programme by 30 September 2016.
The other criteria that will be used when short listing for this post can be found on the person specification which is attached to this vacancy on.
In addition to a good salary and funding of PhD studies, the benefits that come with this job include a defined benefits pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
The closing date for this post is 6th August 2013. Please apply online through the apply button belowÂ or alternatively telephone 023 8059 2421 for an application form. Please quote reference number 264313JW on all correspondence.
Further details:Â We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated in the job advert.