The Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC) is a national, bilingual non-profit organization focused on the theory and practice of public management. Its mission is to promote excellence in public service.
This award was established to assist students who are pursuing a Master of Public administration or a PhD related to Public Administration. It will encourage graduate students to develop a commitment to public service, experience collaborative research, advance managerial acumen, and sharpen leadership talents.
Public policy Graduate Student Scholarship details
Doug Stevens obtained degrees at the University of Regina (BA, Honours, Public Admin), Carleton University (Masters in Political Science and International Studies) and University of Toronto (PhD in the Dept of Policital Science). Doug worked for the Government of Saskatchewan as a Research and Planning Analyst and a Senior Analyst, then moved to the Public Service Commission as a Senior Advisor. Through Fax Direct, which he started in 1992, Doug created a network of associates across Western Canada.
The scholarship will be awarded to two part-time or one full-time University of Regina graduate student(s) who meets all of the following five criteria:
- enrolled in the Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy
- must be pursuing a Master of Public Administration (MPA). A student can also apply if they are pursuing a PhD related to Public Administration.
- demonstrated creativity and or innovation with respect to public administration or public policy proven through an essay and/or interview
- minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 80%
- financial need of the student will be considered
The application form (Titled Graduate Scholarship/Awards Application Form) is available online here: http://www.uregina.ca/gradstudies/forms.html under Financial Aid Forms