Google Anita Borg Scholarship For Women in Science
Google continues to encourage women to pursue careers in computing and technology.According to Google:
we’re pleased to announce the Google Anita Borg Scholarship, through which we hope to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and demonstrated leadership. A group of female undergraduate and graduate student finalists will be chosen from the applicant pool. You must be in a University in Canada
All scholarship recipients and finalists will be invited to visit Google headquarters in Mountain View, California for a networking retreat which will include workshops with a series of speakers, panelists, breakout sessions and social activities.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- be a female student currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2015-2016 academic year
- intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at a university in Canada for the 2016-2017 academic year
- majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- maintain a strong academic record
- exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
Usually In February