The White Rose Universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York have been awarded Â£6M to fund a 5-year Doctoral Training Centre in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine.
The DTC brings together a cohort of postgraduate research students and their supervisors to develop effective clinical therapies for the treatment of human diseases and disabilities.Â
- Fully funded 4 year PhD including fees and maintenance grant between Â£15,000 – Â£18,000 (tax free) per annum for UK students. EU candidates will be eligible for a fees-only award.Â
- 10 places available for September 2013 entry
This is an opportunity to study for a prestigious and exciting four year fully funded PhD within a multidisciplinary engineering and biological environment.
- Research within an interactive interdisciplinary and innovative research training environment, applying advanced multidisciplinary basic sciences to market-led engineering research challenges in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine;
- Supervised and guided by at least two world-class academics in engineering and biology from one of the high ranking, research intensive, White Rose universities of Leeds, Sheffield or York;
- Access to excellent facilities, including state of the art tissue engineering laboratories and clean rooms for the development of materials for clinical use;
- Ideal training for a career in research and development in the tissue engineering field as well as providing invaluable experience in industry and clinical applications.
For further information contact the DTC administrator: Rachel Baines, firstname.lastname@example.org Â orÂ click on the âApplyâ button below.
Application deadline: 1st July 2013