2017 Fulbright Master’s Degree Fellowship
The Fulbright Master’s Degree Fellowship is offering fellowships for citizens of Afghanistan. This program is sponsored by the US Government. It is to increase the understanding between people in the US and other countries.
- Applicants must be citizens of Afghanistan and currently residing in Afghanistan.
- Applicants must have a four-year bachelor’s degree (first university) by February 28, 2017 and a strong academic background as demonstrated by their academic transcripts. Please note that if you have a three-year bachelor’s degree from any country, you are required to have at least a one-year Master’s/post-baccalaureate diploma in order to qualify.
- Applicants must score a minimum of 75 on the Internet-based TOEFL exam and submit their score with their Fulbright application.
- Applicants must submit two application essays (a Personal Statement and a Statement about Study Research Objectives) with clear goals, well-reasoned statements describing why they selected the academic field of study and how their academic plans contribute to their long-term professional goals.
- Applicants must present three letters of recommendation from their professors and/or employers (usually two from professors and one from an employer).
How to apply for 2017 Fulbright Master’s Degree Fellowship
Before you apply, be sure that you qualify.
- You must have completed your bachelor degree
- You must be willing to return to Afghanistan
- Employees of the USA government are not allowed to apply
The following study areas are supported:
- Animal Science
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Crop Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Gender Studies
- Language Teaching
- Mental Health
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Social Work
- Urban Planning
Applicants can package their application and supporting documents in one single e-mail message and sent to KabulScholarshipInfo@state.gov
Fulbright Master’s Degree Fellowship application documentation required
- One Word editable version of the application;
- Three letters of recommendation from the applicant’s professors and/or employers (two from professors and one from an employer is recommended)
- Two application essays (a Personal Statement and Study Research Objectives) ; and
- One PDF file that includes the entire application and the aforementioned supporting documents.
You must submit the completed application package and supporting documents by the deadline; late applications will not be accepted.
Scholarships expiring soon › Forums › Fulbright Master’s Degree Fellowship