Adaptation to urbanisation

Scholarships expiring soon Forums Scholarship News Adaptation to urbanisation

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      ischolar
      Keymaster

University of the Sunshine Coast, Office of Research

Urbanisation is driving some of the most dramatic and swiftly occurring environmental change across the globe, and cities – as epicentres of development – present extensive new challenges for wildlife. In my research lab we used the native eastern water dragon to study the mechanisms of adaption to city life.

In the last few years, my research lab and I have gathered mounting evidence that eastern water dragons are undergoing rapid contemporary evolution within the city of Brisbane. We are now uniquely placed to understand what it is about city life that drives this extensive divergence. As such, this phd project could focus on a variety of research topics and as such students interested in the following subject should apply: ecology, animal movement, physiology, ecology and/or genomics).

My research lab uses longitudinal life-history datasets on wild populations comprising behavioural, spatial and genetic information to understand how free-living animals evolve in the wild. In particular, we aim to shed light on how environmental and social factors influence evolutionary processes (see Frere Lab Research).

Please contact Dr Celine Frere via email cfrere@usc.edu.au for more information.

View this listing on the PhDSeek.com website at http://www.phdseek.com/phds/1335

[See the full post at: Adaptation to urbanisation]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.