The University of Luxembourg has a Ph.D student vacancy, in the Physics and Materials Research Unit for the investigation of novel materials for photovoltaic devices.
The scientific aim of this challenging project is to synthesize and characterize an earth abundant semiconductor for use as an absorber layer in thin film inorganic solar cell devices. Synthesis will be achieved by annealing both nanoparticle and electrodeposited precursors. The project will involve the chemical, structural and opto-electronic characterization of both materials and devices.Â
Doctoral Candidate (PhD student) in Physics (M/F)
- 3-year contract, renewable once, 40 hours/week
- Ref: F1R-PHY-LAB-12ELDIÂ
- Masters degree in chemistry or physics with excellent grades.Â Equivalent studies and degree will also be considered.
- Solid background or previous experience in one of the following research fields is an advantage: inorganic or physical chemistry, solid state or condensed matter physics.
- Excellent language skills, especially English, to evolve in a multilingual environment.Â
- Modern and well-equipped laboratory, a friendly team, a committed advisor, an exciting and innovative multi-disciplinary international research environment
- Competitive remuneration
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employerÂ
For further information, please contact:Â email@example.com
Applications should contain the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- copies of degree certificatesÂ
Please apply online via the ApplyÂ button below by November 30thÂ 2013.Â