The Chicago Mercantile Exchange Beef scholarship foundation will award up to Ten scholarships of $1,500 to outstanding students who are pursuing careers in the beef industry.
Fields of study may include: education, communications, production, research or any other area involved with the beef industry. The purpose of this program is to identify and encourage talented and thoughtful students who will emerge as industry leaders
Applicants must be a graduating high school senior or full-time undergraduate student enrolled at a two or four-year institution for the 2013-2014 school year.
Graduating high school seniors who have not been accepted to a two or four-year institution must list the school in which the student plans to attend, or has applied to, on the Cover Page. Multiple schools may be listed.
Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to a career in the beef industry through classes, internships or life experiences.
Eligibility requirements for interested applicants:
- You must be enrolled as an undergraduate student in a two or four-year institution of higher education for the entire 2013-2014 academic year. Proof of enrollment as a full-time student will be required to receive the scholarship money.
- Write a one page letter expressing/indicating your future career goals related to the beef industry.
- Write an essay of 750 words or less describing an issue confronting the beef industry and offer your solution.
- Obtain two letters of reference from current or former instructors or industry professionals.
- Applications must contain the Beef Industry Scholarship cover page (first page of application).
Method of application
For more information, please call 303-694-0305 or email to:
You can download the application here