The American Council of Learned Societies is offering a fellowship for africans interested in sharing the humanities in africa through research and wrting. The goal of this fellowship is: to encourage and enable the production of new knowledge and new directions for research, to strengthen the capacity of early career researchers and faculty at African universities and to build the field of humanities by establishing networks for scholarly communication across Africa and with Africanists worldwide.
- Applicants must be nationals and residents of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, with a current affiliation at an institution in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Applicants for Dissertation-Completion Fellowships should be in the final year of writing the dissertation at a university in Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Dissertation-Completion Fellowships are not available in South Africa.
- Applicants for Early Career Postdoctoral Fellowships must be working in Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda and must have completed the PhD no more than eight years ago.
- Projects must be in the humanities and must be carried out in sub-Saharan Africa. AHP fellowships may not be used for travel outside the continent.
Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected].