The 2018 Master Card Foundation Undergraduate and Masters scholarship is now open for application. This scholarship program was designed to support students from the Sub Saharan Africa. The scholarship will provide financial, academic, social, and career counselling support to successful undergraduate and master students. The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship covers expenses such as tuition fees, living expenses, books, stipends, transportation etc.
The McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
McGill University and The MasterCard Foundation are pleased to offer The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University for the 2017-2018 academic year. This prestigious scholarship recognizes students who are residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries (including French-speaking students), who come from the most challenged socioeconomic backgrounds and who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities.
Those considered for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University demonstrate high academic achievement, exceptional records of service and activity in their schools and communities and/or the potential for meaningful community service through engagement as leaders in dynamic local and global social change efforts.
In addition to financial support, Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success, community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities, when they return to Africa at the conclusion of their studies.
Criteria on which admission and scholarship selections are based:
Admission to McGill University:
- Academic achievement – admissibility is determined based on the applicant’s academic record.
Acceptance to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program:
- Demonstration of service and leadership in school and/or community.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African Country. If you have refugee status, are stateless, or have other questions regarding your citizenship, you may still be eligible. Please contact us directly to clarify. This scholarship is not intended for citizens of North African countries.
- Motivation and commitment to return to Africa following graduation to continue to give back to the community.
- Verification of financial status.
Non-Eligible Programs for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship:
Please note that the below mentioned programs are not eligible for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program funding:
- Farm Management,
- Physical and Occupational Therapy,
- Music, and;
- Programs from the School of Continuing Studies.
How to Apply
DEADLINE to submit application – December 10, 2016
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to be considered for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University, you must submit an undergraduate application for admission to McGill University as well as The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program scholarship forms.
Required supporting documents:
- All high school transcripts (i.e. grades or report cards) covering the last three years of study. All documents should be uploaded to Minerva.
- External Exam Results (if applicable). Example: West African Senior School Certificate Examinations.
- Proof of English language proficiency (ex: SAT, TOEFL, MELAB or other English language test scores), if available. If you have not taken any language proficiency tests, you do not need to submit them.
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program Application Form (this document) to be uploaded to Minerva by the applicant by January 10, 2017.
- The Validation of Financial Status Form to be uploaded to Minerva by the applicant by January 10, 2017.
- The Recommendation Form to be uploaded to Minerva by the applicant by January 10, 2017.
Please note all school officials or references who have assisted you in completing your application may be called upon to verify the information you have provided as part of the application. Make sure all of their contact information is correct. Should their information change, please make sure to notify us.
For further questions about the application and admission process at Mcgill University please contact MCFfirstname.lastname@example.org.
OR contact The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship