The Go-Long mantra is to give of oneself, live life fully and to never give up. The Go-Long team was formed in 2002 when a group of football-loving friends decided to give back. Go-Long decided they would seek to enrich the lives of young people who aspired to attend college. They did this by creating a yard work and neighborhood beautification business, in which 100% of all earnings would go to the Go-Long Scholarship Fund. Since 2009, the Go-Long Scholarship Fund has awarded $34,000 in scholarships. In addition, the Go-Long volunteer team provides scholarship recipients with neighborhood beautification service projects, which raise funds to fuel the next class of Go-Long scholars.
The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to students in the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
Students eligible for assistance must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating senior from a high school located in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area;
- Intend to continue their education through a two or four-year college and/or technical school;
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Continue to attend classes as a full-time student;
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average (or equivalent); and
- Submit a scholarship application on a form provided by the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
Students receiving the scholarship will be expected to complete at least 8 hours of community service when they receive the award.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in equal payments in August and January.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.