The ACS scholarship is designed for : Scholarships for African American, Hispanic, and American Indian students in the chemical sciences
ACS awards renewable scholarships to underrepresented minority students who want to enter the fields of chemistry or chemistry-related fields.
Awards of up to $5,000* are given to qualified students. African American, Hispanic, or American Indian high school seniors or college freshman, sophomores, or juniors pursuing a college degree in the chemical sciences or chemical technology are eligible to apply.
Who Can Apply?
African American, Native American and Hispanic students planning to pursue full-time study in a chemically-related field with outstanding academic records and a desire to pursue a career in the chemical sciences can apply for an ACS Scholars Award.
The following students are eligible to apply:
- high school seniors entering college and planning to pursue full-time study in a chemically-related field
- college freshmen, sophomores or juniors currently pursuing or planning to pursue full-time study in a chemically related field
- community college students majoring in a two-year chemical technology program or planning to transfer to a four-year school
- $2,500 for freshman
- $3,000 for sophomores
- $5,000 for juniors and seniors
Contact Information for any questions:
- Email [email protected]
- Phone (202) 872-6250
- Toll free (800) 227-5558, ext. 6250