The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is currently offering a number of three year Postgraduate Research funding opportunities http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/graduate-school/funding/research-funding/ for full-time UK and overseas candidates including:Â Graduate School Studentships (Overseas) in the Department of PoLIS
About the Department
The Department of Politics, Languages and International Studies (PoLIS) is one of the largest departments in the University.Â
Our students are ambitious and highly committed leaders of the future who are preparing for careers in international politics, business and communication.
Many staff are leading scholars in their field and are involved in a wide range of research activities, including collaborative projects at both national and international levels.
Our research has been consistently rated highly in Research Assessment Exercises (RAE).
We have three core research clusters:
- Conflict, Security & International Order
- Governance, Citizenship & Policy
- Memory, History & Identity
Successful Candidates should:
- Fulfil the entrance requirements for a Department of PoLIS MPhil/PhD (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/programmes/poli-lang-and-inte-stud-mphi).
- Fulfil the URS terms and conditions (http://www.bath.ac.uk/hss/pdf/funding-terms-conditions/university-research-studentships-graduate-school.pdf)
The Graduate School Studentship provides funding for three years. Each year includes:
- Home/EU tuition fee (please note: overseas applicants will need to find alternative funding to make up the shortfall in fees)
- Stipend of Â£13,726 (for living expenses) (2014/15 rate to be confirmed)
- Training Support Grant of Â£1,000 per year (for travel, fieldwork etc.)
How to apply
Applicants should apply online to study for a full time MPhil/PhD in PoLIS.
The application will also ask you to complete a funding request form. Use this to explain your experience and reasons for applying for this studentship.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon (GMT), 13th February 2014.
Should be addressed to the Faculty Admissions team at [email protected]