UPDATE: We have not received any update about The 2019 Bill Gates Millennium scholarship program .However, the scholarship is an annual scholarship which usually opens in August of the preceding year.
The following are more specific requirements about the Bill Gates Scholarship: Interested students
- Be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American;
- Be Citizens, legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or earned a GED;
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
- Meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria;
- Enroll for the first time at a U.S. located , accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall as a full-time, degree seeking, first year student;
- Have completed and submitted their application by the deadline; and
- Have the following forms completed and submitted by the deadline on their behalf:
- A Nominator Form-an evaluation of the student’s academic record, and;
- A Recommender Form- an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities.
Applications are accepted from students intending to pursue undergraduate and graduate education in computer science, mathematics, life/physical science, engineering, education, public health, library science and/or information science.
About Bill gates The Gates Millennium Scholarsship. The Gates Millennium Scholars(GMS) Program, funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, was established in 1999 to provide outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian Pacific Islander American**, and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete an undergraduate college education in any discipline area of interest. Continuing Gates Millennium Scholars may request funding for a graduate degree program in one of the following discipline areas: computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health or science.
What You Get
Bill Gates Millennium scholarship supports its scholars in a variety of ways including but not limited to personal, leadership and professional development opportunities, networking and mentorships opportunities, as well as financial and academic support to prepare its scholars to be the next leaders in their professions and communities.
The Ideal Candidate for the Bill Gates Millennium scholarship must possess the following
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Number of scholarships to be awarded: 1000 each year for the next 20 years