The South Asian scholarship was specifically designed to target students from South Asian origin.
This scholarship also targets Students of South Asian descent living in Ontario Canada.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, based out of Ontario
- have applied to a Canadian post-secondary or post-graduate institution
- not have previously received the SMCC Scholarship
- be of South Asian descent
- be a full-time Student in high school or post-secondary institution with a minimum average of 75% or a GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or equivalent)
Application process and timeline
- Deadline for application: April 8, 2015 at 11:59 pm
- Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by May 15
- Interviews will be held in June
- Please complete the online application and send the following documents to email@example.com : your resume, your transcripts and two references letters
- The online application will ask for income information for yourself and your parents – please note that if selected for an interview, you will be expected to provide a copy of yours and your parent’s T4s.
- Resume should include your academic background, employment history, details of volunteer work, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities as well as any relevant accomplishments worthy of inclusion.
- Please provide reference letters from individuals who know you well enough to recommend you. A few examples of those qualified to write recommendation for you are instructors, professors, employers, academic advisors, career counselors, community leaders etc. Note that for applicants selected for an interview, recommenders will be contacted.