Canada has a very prominent agricultural heritage and have one of the best farming technologies in the world. Their mechanized farming practice has endeared the country to become one of the best food and agricultural produce exporting countries.
Several Institutions for offer agricultural scholarships to both local and international students. Like other scholarships Canadian Agriculture scholarships are based on merit. The eligibility criteria assessment could depend on, high school attended, program, home province, extra curricular activities
Agriculture scholarships in Canada
The Canadian Dairy Commission scholarship was found in 2006 to support graduate students conducting research is agricultural economics and or whose research is related to diary industry.
The scholarship is tenable at the University of Manitoba Canada.
Harrison McCain Scholarship is a renewable scholarship awarded to students entering into agriculture programs at Dalhousie University in Canada . The scholarship is valued at $16,000 for four years. The scholarship deadline is March 1 every year.
The Schulich Scholarship was setup to encourage top undergraduate students to achieve their potential. Interested students entering Agricultural science or Engineering programs can apply. The fund distribution is done according to program: $80,000 (Bachelor of Applied Science) / $60,000 (Bachelor of Science (Honours) or Bachelor of Computing (Honours) or Concurrent Education/Bachelor of Science Honours
The Keith Gilmore Prize for Beef Cattle Innovation is an annual scholarship with a deadline of June 1st every year. You can prepare to apply for 2017 Scholarship competition
The Hereford Youth Scholarship was setup to Support excellence in ongoing studies in any undergraduate program leading to a career related to the livestock industryAward amount: $2500Number awarded per year:up to 4 per year
Here are trending Agriculture Scholarships
- 4H Scholarship:-Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship - See larger image A History of World Agriculture: From the Neolithic Age to the Current Crisis New From: $32.27 USD In Stock Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship The Elmer and Ona Hansen Memorial Fund Scholarship is an agriculture scholarship administered by the 4-H Foundation of Alberta. Eligibility for the Agriculture scholarship Students must be presently […]
- 2017 Hereford Youth Scholarship - Hereford Youth Scholarship The Hereford Youth Scholarship was setup to Support excellence in ongoing studies in any undergraduate program leading to a career related to the livestock industry Award amount: $2500 Number awarded per year:up to 4 per year Eligibility for the Hereford Youth Scholarship: Interested students/applicants must 1) current or past member of CJHA […]
- Keith Gilmore Prize for Beef Cattle Innovation -$10,000 - Keith Gilmore Prize for Beef Cattle Innovation The Keith Gilmore Prize for Beef Cattle Innovation is an annual scholarship with a deadline of June 1st every year. You can prepare to apply for 2017 Scholarship competition Eligibility: To be eligible for the Keith Gilmore Prize for Beef Cattle Innovation , interested students must be […]
- Schulich Leader Scholarships -$80,000 - The Schulich foundation has spent over $100 million to fund scholarship programs to encourage top undergraduate students to achieve their potential. They scholarship grant funds over 50 undergraduate scholarships each year, across top Canadian universities. The core eligibility criteria include: Financial need Academic excellence Outstanding community, business or entrepreneurial leaders Eligible programs:Bachelor of Science […]
- ARC Discovery Research Scholarship: Do Plants Hedge Their Bets? Modelling Optimal Plant Behaviour -
University of Western Sydney, Graduate Research SchoolThe Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment (HIE) is one of four institutes within Western Sydney University. HIE has rapidly become a research leader in ecosystem function and environmental responses to changing climate, with a strong reputation for delivering research outcomes of the highest quality. HIE houses a team of over 50 scientists with access to a unique suite of world-class research facilities. The ecosystem modelling group at HIE is widely recognised for their work in using experimental data to inform models of plant ecosystem function.
We are now seeking a highly motivated PhD student to contribute to a new Australian Research Council Discovery project that aims to resolve one of the most long-standing questions about the functioning of plants: how much of the carbon that they take up in photosynthesis do they use immediately for growth, and how much do they keep in reserve as insurance for the future? The answer to this question is urgently needed to understand how plants respond to environmental change, and how vulnerable they are to stresses such as drought.
The aim of the PhD project is to use experimental data and optimization approaches to develop models of how plants - and trees in particular - ‘should' behave in risky or stressful environments. What is the optimal growth schedule for a tree that maximizes its fitness?
In the project, the student will first quantify how much carbon is kept in reserve in trees growing in a wide range of experimental conditions, capitalizing on a wealth of data from climate change experiments conducted at the HIE, including whole-tree warming experiments and EucFACE, the world's only Free Air CO2 Enrichment experiment in mature native forest (www.westernsydney.edu.au/hie/facilities).
The student will then help develop and apply models of tree survival, and compare estimates of optimal storage from these models to the experimental data.
The student will be based at HIE but will also collaborate with Professor Roderick Dewar at The Australian National University and Professor Mat Williams at Edinburgh University (UK).WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDE?
» Domestic students will receive a tax free stipend of $30,406 per annum and a funded place in the doctoral degree.
» International students will receive a tax free stipend of $30,406 per annum. Those with a strong track record may receive a fee waiver.
» Funding is available for project costs and conference travel.
- We welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, especially those with a strong grounding in mathematics, physics or computing who are keen to apply their quantitative skills to key questions in current biology. The successful applicant should:
- Hold qualifications and experience equal to an Australian First Class Bachelor Honours degree or equivalent overseas qualifications
- Demonstrate strong academic performance in mathematics
- Have an interest in, or be willing to learn, plant biology and ecosystem ecology
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated to undertake further study at an advanced level
- International applicants must also demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the English language. Please refer to the English language requirements at www.westernsydney.edu.au/international/home/admissions/entry_requirements
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants should discuss their eligibility and interests with Prof Belinda Medlyn firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Remko Duursma email@example.com
- Contact the Graduate Research School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit an application form, CV, names and contact information of two referees, and a one-page document stating how your research interests align with the project's aims.
- The application form can be downloaded: www.westernsydney.edu.au/graduate_research_school/grs/scholarships/current_scholarships
View this listing on the PhDSeek.com website at http://www.phdseek.com/phds/1353
- Harrison McCain Agriculture Scholarships - Harrison McCain Scholarships for Agriculture and Nursing Students This scholarship is tenable at the Dalhousie University in Canada and is exclusively for students entering a program in the Faculty of Agriculture (excluding Pre-Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Technology, and others intending to pursue veterinary studies) or the School of Nursing. According to the university, the scholarships are […]
- Syngenta Scholarship in Sustainable Agriculture - The Syngenta Scholarship in Sustainable Agriculture is open to students entering or continuing program in the College of Agriculture and Bioresources. Syngenta celebrates diversity in agriculture through support of FarmHer and other initiatives that promote the critical role everyone, including all underrepresented groups, plays in the success of the industry. Are you a college […]
- Alberta FarmTech Scholarship for Agricultural science students - Alberta FarmTech Scholarship also called Sulo Luoma Continuing Education Scholarship awards a $2500.00 scholarship each year. The recipient of this award must be attending a program/class directly related to agriculture within Western Canada. The successfully student must demonstrate how they have engaged in ongoing leadership activities in their communities. To be considered for the Sulo […]
- ALLIED INDUSTRY COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIP for fresh men - ALLIED INDUSTRY COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIP This scholarship is awarded based on financial need. It is also available to students entering the Colorado state university . Read more details To apply for these scholarships for the LINK Get Scholarship updates in your inboxEnter your email address:Delivered by Google Related Scholarship Grants:2016 Agriculture Scholarships at Colorado State […]
- ABBY SCOTT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP - ABBY SCOTT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP Get Scholarship updates in your inboxEnter your email address:Delivered by Google Related Scholarship Grants:2016 Agriculture Scholarships at Colorado State University…Ocean Ranger Memorial Award for Fishery studentsThe September 11, 2001 International AwardCharles Letts Memorial Postgraduate Scholarship 2014-15…The Hugh J. Anderson Chemistry Scholarship -$5000
- 2017 Agriculture Scholarships at Colorado State University USA - The Colorado state university offers scholarship to qualified students admitted to the university. All students are automatically considered upon admission. The College of Agricultural Sciences (CSU) is proud to award more than 410 scholarships totaling over $785,000 annually. Scholarships are available to current graduate, undergraduate and prospective students by completing the CSU Scholarship Application. The […]
- Nuffield Canada Agriculture Scholarships -no prerequisite - Nuffield Canada has setup a tremendous scholarship available annually to agricultural leaders. Successful applications are also admitted into the Nuffield alumni to continue to build a network of agricultural professionals. There is no education requirement but Nuffield is interested in enthusiastic individuals with a passion for agriculture and a desire to expand your knowledge, pursue […]
- CALDWELL, G. ORVAL AN DH. RUTH GARDNER FELLOWSHIP IN SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE/AGROECOLOGY - CALDWELL, G. ORVAL AN DH. RUTH GARDNER scholarship is a renewable scholarships designed to support graduate student research into sustainable agriculture and agroecology. The student is expected to be a registered full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies, in any Master of Science degree program delivered by a Department in the Faculty of Agricultural […]
- Postgraduate Scholarships in International Development - The application for the Postgraduate Scholarships in International Development for 2016 is now open Start Date: September 2016 Scholarship Awards Scholarship awards are available to students studying in the School of International Development at the University of East Anglia for entry in September 2016. These can cover part or full tuition fees (UK/EU/International rates) and […]
- Master’s Scholarships in Environmental Sciences and Policy 2015 / 2016 - School: Central European University Degree options Master of Science in Environmental Sciences and Policy / 1 year Master of Science in Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management (MESPOM — Erasmus+) / 2 years Select areas of research Biodiversity conservation Environmental policy and governance Environmental sociology and political ecology Global and regional environmental processes […]
- KESS Research Masters Scholarship 2014 – 15: Developing novel and smart barleys - < !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd"> The full time one year studentship (theses must be submitted a maximum of 3 months after the funded one year study period) includes a tax-free maintenance stipend of Â£10,130 for 12 months, with full-time fees paid and additional allowances. A requirement of the studentship is a […]
- Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture Competition - Deadline: submit to CYSA by September 30th, 2014 This scholarship is Jointly sponsored by Agricultre and Agri-Food Canada and 4-H Canada, the Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture (CYSA) competition is held annually in November at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto. It is a fantastic opportunity to develop your public speaking skills and acts as a […]
- 4-H AgriVenture Scholarship Opportunity Scholarship Award - Deadline: submit to your province by November 1, 2014 The 4-H Canada is pleased to announce a $3,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student nationally, to be used toward an AgriVenture travel and work program.This scholarship is Sponsored by AgriVenture Global and the International Agricultural Exchange Association (IAEA). Applicants can choose a […]
- Farm management Scholarship-FCC 4-H Club Fund - The Scholarship: This scholarship is established by TD Bank Financial Group and the Canadian 4-H Council to sponsor up to ten (10) scholarships, valued at $2,500 each. The scholarship offer is for Farm Credit Canada 4-H Club Fund members in their last year of high school who are planning to enroll in post-secondary education in […]
- Agricultural Studies-business/commerce/trade - This scholarship was established by Douglas McRorie Memorial Scholarship in honour of past-president and agri-finance leader of AIC Foundation, Douglas McRorie, PAg, FAIC. The target is for students studying agricultural studies at post-graduates level majoring in agricultural business, economics, finance or trade. This scholarship is made available through the support of the RBC Foundation. Six […]
- The Clyde Higgs Scholarship 2014-15 Entry The Elizabeth Creak Charitable Trust - Scholarship Details: The Clyde Higgs Scholarships are generously funded by the Elizabeth Creak Charitable Trust which aims to help the advancement of Agriculture. Value of the Award An award of £5,000 each is available to five UK students who are studying for the MSc Agricultural and Environmental Science course or the MSc Organic Farming and […]
- Master?s Scholarships, International Development - Deadline: 31 July 2014. The School of International Development at the University of East Anglia are offering a range of scholarships for Master?s applicants looking to start their studies in September 2014. Awards range from ?1,000 to full tuition fee scholarships including stipend and funding towards travel. The School is a globally […]
- Ayudar Scholarship MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture - About the award The ?30,000 Ayudar Scholarship is for a Colombian national enrolling on the full-time MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in 2014/15. The award covers the full cost of international tuition fees plus a contribution towards subsistence. The funds are generously donated by an alumnus from the University of Exeter and […]
- PhD Studentship in Agriculture Evolutionary pathways to insensitivity of apple scab to the ergosterol biosyntheis inhibitor fungicide myclobutanil - Project Overview:Apple scab (Venturia inaequalis) is one of the most important problems in apple production world-wide and in the UK. Management uses a variety of techniques, but integrated use of fungicides is essential, and the group known as DMIs has desirable properties. Continued use of DMI fungicides has led in many countries to […]
- PhD studentship Development of Advanced Functional Coatings for Seeds - LEAD SUPERVISOR NAME Professor Joe Keddie Directly Funded Project (European / UK students only) Closing date:Â February 17, 2014 Functional coatings are applied to seeds to provide protection and to contain active ingredients that increase the crop yield. In one type of seed coating, the binder is made from polymer nanoparticles in […]
- Larry Campbell Milton Memorial Scholarship - This scholarship was created in honour of the late Larry Campbell, who retired after 38 years of service with the Canadian Meat Council, two $2,500 scholarships will be awarded annually to current 4-H members planning to attend a Canadian University in a Food Science, Meat Science or Animal Science discipline. The first set of scholarships […]