Quebec Excellence Scholarship Program for International Students
The excellence scholarships for foreign students is a scholarship scheme established by the Government of Québec in Canada sorely to tract top notch foreign students to the province of Quebec.
The scholarship offer covers PhD Studies for the 2017-2018 academic year.
According to the scholarship provider, The objective of the Excellence scholarship program for foreign students (PBEEE) hereinafter called Quebec Merit Scholarship Programs for Foreign Students (PBEEE) is to support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s institutions of higher education, to attract the best foreign researchers and students, and to promote Québec universities and College Centers for the Transfer of Technologies (CCTT), abroad.
The Programs cover higher education as a whole by giving to the CCTT researchers and administrators the opportunity to participate.
The following are the universities that participate in the Excellence scholarship program for foreign students (PBEEE) program
|· School of Advanced Technology
· Polytechnique Montreal
· HEC Montréal
· National School of Administration
· COMING SOON
· National Research Institute Science
· Bishop’s University
· Concordia University
· University of Montreal
· University of Sherbrooke
· University of Quebec in Chicoutimi
|· University of Quebec in Montreal
· University of Quebec at Rimouski
· University of Quebec at Trois-Rivières
· University of Quebec in Abitibi Témiscamingue
· University of Quebec in Outaouais
· Laval University
· McGill University
· Trans-Tech Network
Stay Tuned for the 2017-2018 Deadlines. However since this an annual scholarship, the Target dates are usually November every year.
The application process is the same as the for the Quebec Merit Scholarship
Eligbility Requirement the Quebec Merit Scholarship: The Student
- Must meet all eligibility conditions at the closing date of the competition, namely, November 1st, 2015 (a different closing date has to be confirmed for the students preselected by CSC).
- Must have been preselected by a university, the Réseau Trans-Tech (a CCTT), TERI University, the SER or CONACYT before September 23rd, 2015.
- To the scholarship Québec-China program must be preselected by the CSC before March 31st, 2016.
- Cannot have already received a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from MEESR, FRQNT or Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC).
- Cannot be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Cannot have applied for permanent resident status under Canadian immigration law.
Value of scholarships for each component:
Doctoral research scholarships (V1, 1B, 1C, 1I, 1M, 1W): $25,000 a year. The duration of the scholarship is three years, with a possible extension of up to 12 months (monthly allowance of $1,000).
Postdoctoral scholarships (V2, 2B, 2C, 2I, 2M): $35,000 for one year (cannot be renewed).
Short-term research or professional development scholarships (V3, 3B, 3C, 3I, 3M, 3W): $3,000 a month for a period of up to four months.
All countries scholarships
Doctoral research scholarships(V1)
Postdoctoral scholarships (V2)
Short-term research or professional development scholarships(V3)
Québec-Brazil Doctoral research scholarships (1B)
Québec-Brazil Postdoctoral scholarships (2B)
Québec-Brazil Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3B)
Québec-China Doctoral research scholarships (1C)
Québec-China Postdoctoral scholarships (2C)
Québec-China Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3C)
Québec-India Doctoral research scholarships (1I)
Québec-India Postdoctoral scholarships (2I)
Québec-India Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3I)
Québec-Mexico Doctoral research scholarships (1M)
Québec-Mexico Postdoctoral scholarships (2M)
Québec-Mexico Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3M)
Québec-Wallonia Doctoral research scholarships (1W)
Québec-Wallonia Short-term research or professional development scholarships (3W)
Applicants interested in the Québec-China and Québec-Mexico scholarship programs must Directly contact those responsible in the partner country who are responsible for pre-screening Candidates: Quebec-China: firstname.lastname@example.org Québec-Mexico: email@example.com