Level Of Study: Master Degree
Program in Economic and Public Policy Scholarship
The University of Tsukuba has a variety of scholarship programs for international students to choose from to cover tuition fees to live and study in Japan. Applicants apply for 18-months to study Economic policy or public policy. Applicants must have their Bachelor degree and a TOEFL score of 600 or a TOEFL iBT score of 100 to apply for this University.
To apply to PEPP, applicant must:
- • Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have completed 16 years of school education (up to undergraduate level). A strong background in economics and associated quantitative tools (linear algebra, calculus and basic statistics) is useful and, in the case of the Course in Economics Policy, highly recommended.
- Note: Those applicants who have completed their university education in countries where formal schooling lasts less than 16 years, who are at least 22 years old, and who have spent at least one year in a research or similar institution, may qualify to apply by filling out and submitting the provided form (Certificate of Research Activities).
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English communication skills by submitting either of the following:
|Score of standardized test such as IELTS / TOEFL / TOEIC||Other evidence such as a letter from the university or current working place, as deemed appropriate by the Graduate School|
- • Demonstrate verbal and quantitative skills by submitting either of the followings:
|Score of standardized test such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)||Other evidence such as a letter from the university or current working place, as deemed appropriate by the Graduate School.|
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
ii) To apply for an ADB-JSP scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a national of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) borrowing member.
- Gain admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills.
- Be not more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Not be an Executive Director, Alternate Director, management, staff or consultant of ADB, or a relative of the aforementioned. Staff of the JSP-designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country.
- Not be enrolled in other graduate degree programs.
How to apply
1. Check if you meet all application requirements above.
3. Go to our Online Application System to start application process.