2017-03-29 Level Of Study:
PhD Degree, Masters Degree
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
The Commonwealth shared scholarships is for PhD and Master’s studies for citizens from Commonwealth countries in the UK. The scholarships are funded by the Department for International Development in the UK and from other universities in the UK.
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2017
- By August 2017, hold a first degree of either first or upper second class (2:1) classification, or lower second class (2:2) classification plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
- Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
ALSO READ Commonwealth Country Scholarships
How to apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Shared Scholarship scheme.
You must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
Before applying, you must check with your UK university for their specific advice, admission requirements, and rules for applying. Some universities may require you to complete their own admissions application form as well, which may have a separate closing date. You must take the necessary steps to secure admission to your chosen course(s) at your preferred university/universities at the same time as applying for a Shared Scholarship.
You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the EAS to your UK university or applications directly from individuals.
Get Scholarship updates in your inbox
Information on 1.5 million scholarships, grants, and prizes is easily accessible in this revised directory with more than 300 new listings that feature awards indexed by career goal, major, academics, public service, talent, athletics, religion, e... read more