Value of Scholarship: Tuition Fee
Level Of Study: Undergraduate, Masters & PhD Degree
Awards for Nigerians to study abroad
Federal Ministry of Education is inviting applications from qualified candidates for Bilateral Education Agreement BEA Awards for Nigerians to study abroad. Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programme. This post is a guideline to registering BEA Awards this session
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award is for :
• Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 & 2015). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
• Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
• Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Requirements for Awards for Nigerians to study abroad
Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
• All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
VENUE OF INTERVIEW: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
• Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
• One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
• Two copies of Birth certificate
• State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
• Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
• Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies. NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
• Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
• Data page of current International passport, and
• Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.