Value of Scholarship:
Level Of Study: Bachelor Degree
The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to encourage more young women to seek post-secondary education with plans to participate in public and political life by recognizing a commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements, international awareness and a dedication to the advancement of the status of women.
Students eligible for assistance must:
- Be a resident of Johnson County, Kansas, or a surrounding county, including Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Douglas, Miami, and Franklin, at the time of application;
- Be a graduating senior and on track to graduate during the academic year in which application is made;
- Be planning to attend an accredited college or university in the United States;
- Demonstrate a 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA;
- Plan to enroll on a full-time basis, beginning within one year of the date the scholarship is awarded;
- Demonstrate experience in local or student government;
- Be knowledgeable of Zonta International and its programs;
- Demonstrate evidence of advocating on behalf of Zonta Internationals mission to advance the status of women worldwide;
- Provide two confidential letters of reference from adults who are not related to the applicant; and
- Submit a complete application with verification of current enrollment by the school district.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.