Value of Scholarship:
Level Of Study: Bachelor Degree
Mr. Todd Epsten was the third generation of his family to lead Major Brands, Inc. Mr. Epsten lost his battle with cancer in May 2012. The Fund was established to provide scholarships annually to students whose school and community involvement exemplifies the commitment Mr. Epsten had to his community, Major Brands and its employees.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must:
- Be an employee of Major Brands or the spouse/domestic partner, child or grandchild of an employee of Major Brands
- Be pursuing a specialized certification or an undergraduate or graduate degree;
- Be enrolled in or entering a two-year or four-year college or university, ;
- Maintain a minimum of 9 credit hours for a graduate degree; a minimum of 12 credit hours for an undergraduate degree; or demonstrate a commitment to minimum hours required for a specialized certification program; and
- Demonstrate a GPA of 2.5 or above on last degree completed.
- A current transcript must be included with the application.
- Scholarship selection will be based on merit and financial need.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in equal payments in August and January, provided the recipient remains enrolled in the required number of hours and maintains a 2.5 GPA. Payments for a specialized certification will be disbursed in a single payment during the first month of classes.
Previous recipients may renew their scholarship for up to three years (six additional consecutive semesters), provided they continue to meet the credit hour and GPA requirements described above and provide their cumulative transcript after each semester at www.growyourgiving.org/grades.
How to apply:
- Visit the Community Foundation’s online scholarship portal.
- The portal finds scholarship opportunities that are relevant to you.
- Register or Sign In (first timers should ignore the deadline stated in Dashboard).
- Click Complete Application.
- Submit your qualification questions and general application.
- The Dashboard will show a list of scholarships for which you are eligible.
- Click Complete Follow-Up for each scholarship you are matched to.
- Submit the Follow-Up Application to be considered for the above scholarship.