Value of Scholarship:
Level Of Study: Bachelor Degree
This scholarship fund was established in memory of Mary Dierkes, who was the junior high mathematics teacher at Columbia Catholic School in Columbia, Missouri. The purpose of the scholarship fund is to provide college scholarships for students who have attended a Catholic school in Columbia (either Our Lady of Lourdes Interparish School–formerly known as Columbia Catholic School, or Father Tolton Catholic High School) and are majoring in math, science or engineering.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be graduating from high school in May/June of the year application is made, and must be enrolling in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the fall semester of the year application is made;
- The applicant must be declaring a major in the field of mathematics, mathematics education, science, science education, or engineering;
- The applicant must have attended a Catholic school in Columbia, Missouri at some point in the applicants academic career; and
- The applicant must demonstrate good scholarship, character, and service.
This is a one-time scholarship and is not renewable. Disbursement will be made in August or September of the year awarded.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.