The alumni of De Soto High School, including the class of 1995, wish to ‘carpe diem, or seize the day, in honor of their classmates that have passed away by helping students from future graduating classes with higher education costs. The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships annually to graduating high school seniors of De Soto High School.
The students eligible for assistance must meet the following requirements:
- Be a graduating high school senior of De Soto High School or a previous recipient of the De Soto High School Carpe Diem Scholarship,
- Plan to enroll or are currently enrolled at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university or vocational school,
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale,
- Demonstrate strong financial need, and
- Demonstrate a commitment to community involvement, extracurricular activities and/or team athletics.
Preference will be given to students without other scholarship awards or financial aid.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and will generally be disbursed in one payment prior to the fall semester.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.